Monday, September 26, 2011

Blog 3: "The Achievement of Desire"

While reading the story, "The Achievement of Desire" I could relate to this story a lot. Some parts of it has happened to me personally, and others I have seen it happen to other people. The one thing that happened to me was that I was always reading some type of book. When I was younger I always got picked on by other people because I was always reading in school. One time I went to the toy store and my cousin told me that I could pick out a toy to play with, and instead I picked out a book to read. They still talk about this today and it happened when I was about 8 years old. My family always encouraged me to read but never made me, I think that is why I enjoy it so much. Another thing that I have seen id that some kids do not have the privilege to get help at home with homework like I had. I feel blessed now knowing that whenever I needed help on homework or something to do with school it was always available to me. There are some kids out there who did not have that same privilege because their parents did not know how to do it. There are some kids out there who does all of their homework on their own with no kind of help from anyone in their home.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your personal story about the toy store! I'm glad you connected personally with some aspect of the essay.

    ReplyDelete